What type of events do you host?
· Ceremonies, Receptions, Welcome Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Farewell Brunch, and Elopement.
What are the most popular locations to host an event at the Big Sur Lodge?
· Ceremonies – Redwood Grove
· Receptions – Redwood Patio, Homestead Restaurant (includes Redwood Patio), Santa Lucia Room
· Welcome Parties – Redwood Patio, Santa Lucia Room
· Rehearsal Dinner – Homestead Restaurant, Redwood Patio
· Farewell Brunch – Redwood Patio, Santa Lucia Room
How much time do I have for my event when booking a venue?
· Ceremony – One hour
· Reception – Four Hours
· Welcome Party – Four Hours
· Rehearsal Dinner – Two Hours
· Farewell Brunch – Two Hours
Do you charge a site fee to rent your event locations?
· Yes. All parties that require exclusive access to a venue will be required to pay a site fee. Please refer to our pricing sheet for various rates. Rates vary with season.
Do you offer a special price for elopements?
· Yes. Elopements have a max of 6 total attendees, including the bride and groom. Please ask about our elopement packages.
Do you offer room blocks?
· Big Sur Lodge has 61 hotel rooms. We offer a courtesy 10 room block without an event and 10+ room block for groups hosting an event. Release dates are 90 and 30 days respectively.
Is a deposit required?
· Yes. We will collect the site fees at signing of the rental agreement plus $35 for each room blocked.
Are there any booking requirements?
· We require a two-night minimum for all reservations.
Can we arrange an early check-in for our guests?
· Check-in starts at 4 pm. If you have a party planned at an earlier hour, we recommend that your guests book a room the night before so that they will have ample time to prepare for the event.
How do we host an event inside Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park that is not on the Big Sur Lodge property (ex: day-use picnic tables in day-use parking lot 4)?
· Please contact the Special Events Coordinator for California State Parks, Big Sur Sector directly at 831-667-0507. This office is currently open on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
Do you provide flowers, wedding cakes, photographer, officiant, transportation, or a wedding coordinator?
· We offer a preferred vendor list including Big Sur and Monterey County locals who are trusted and have serviced events with us in the past. All listed services will need to be contracted directly with the service provider.
Is a wedding coordinator required?
· Yes. We require a licensed wedding coordinator for weddings larger than 30 guests. We have a great selection of day of coordinators on our preferred vendor list. Weddings smaller than 30 guests will still require a point of contact that is not the bride or groom. A family member or friend is sufficient for smaller groups.
Do you allow outside catering?
· No. All food (except for a wedding cake from a certified baker) is provided by the Big Sur Lodge. Please see our catering menu below for dining options.
Is there a corkage fee for bringing our own wine or beer?
· The corkage fee is $25 for each bottle of wine or $25 for each six pack of beer.